Astaxanthin, a member of the carotenoid family, is an oxygenated red-orange pigment. Professor Basil Weedon was the first to map the structure of astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is found in microalgae, yeast, salmon, trout, shrimp, crustaceans, and other sources. However, Haematococcus pluvialis appears to be the best source of astaxanthin. Astaxanthin cannot be synthesized by human and it must be provided in the diet. Astaxanthin has been proven to be one of the most powerful anti-oxidants yet discovered.
1. Applied in food field, it is mainly used as food additives for pigment and health care.
2. Applied in animal feeds field, it is used as an new animal feed additive to impart coloration, including farm- raised salmon and egg yolks.
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used to prevent cancer and anti-oxidant.
4. Applied in cosmetic field, it is mainly used to Antioxidant and UV protection.
1. With the function of natural food pigment, it has rich nutritional value and good coloring effect;
2. It has excellent oxidation resisting activity, in terms of free radical scavenging activity is 1000 times higher than the natural VE;
3. It can prevent arteriosclerosis and relative diseases;
4. Can be used as anticancer activity to strengthen the functions of immune system;
5. Enhance the health of central nervous system;
6. Intensify energy metabolism of organism.