1. Usnic Acid & Usnic Acid Sodium (GL-UA)
2. CAS Number: 7562- 61-0
3. Synonym: 2, 6- diacetyl- 1, 2, 3, 9b- tetrahydro- 7, 9- dihydroxy- 8, 9b- dimethyldibenzofuran- 1, 3- dione
4. Origin: Usnea
5. Molecular Formula: C18H16O7
6. Molecular Weight: 344.32
7. Appearance: Yellow crystalline substance
8. Purity by HPLC: Minimum 98%
9. Solubility: Clear colorless solution at 0.1Mg/Ml in cool water
10.Test Item: Appearance, Solubility, Loss on drying, Ash, Assay, Solvent Residual, Pesticide Residual, Heavy Metals, Microbiological.
11. Usnic acid is extracted from Usnea, Usnea, also known as old man's beard, is not a plant but a lichen_a symbiotic relationship between an algae and a fungus. The entire lichen is used medicinally. Usnea looks like long, fuzzy strings hanging from trees in the forests.
Usnic acid is extracted from Usnea, It is a kind of organic acid. In natural remedies, especially in the veterinary medicine, Usnic Acid is used in powders and ointments for the treatment of infections of the skin. This is because of its antibiotic properties, particularly against Gram-positive bacteria such as M. Tuberculosis as well as some pathogenic fungi. Usnic acid as a pure substance has been formulated in creams, toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorants and sunscreen products, in some cases as an active principle, in others as a preservative.
1.Promote weight loss,
2.Antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-protozoan, anti-inflammatory and anticancer actions
3.Pain-relieving and fever-reducing properties
Packing Detail: 25kg/drum, aluminum foil bag or according to your need.
Storage Situation: Stored in a cool and dry well-closed container kept away from moisture and strong light or high temperature.
Shelf Life: Two years under well Storage situation and stored away from direct sun light.